Thursday 17 May 2012

Short Story 2

This is going well so far but I still don't have a name yet. HELP?!

“Well I’m glad you got here in one piece,” came the voice of Flame Phoenix. There was the sound of clicking and movement as weapons were put away. The room was lit up as fire appeared in Max’s hands. As we walked to the next room, Sparky and Flame embraced, and then quickly followed us. The next room had a lantern in the centre of the floor and no furniture. This is because the meetings had to have no chance of overhearing and shape shifters have nothing to impersonate. Max bent down, lit the lantern and sat down. The rest of us followed suit and sat in a circle. I look around and I recognise every face; Flame Phoenix, Aine Delours, Max, and of course Sparky Braginski. All of us have individual talents and different weapons strapped on our backs or on belts. “Well, now we’re all here, let’s get down to business,” said Flame. “What’s happening? I’ve nearly been killed five times in the past week, and that’s more than usual,” exclaimed Aine. “Same here,” I said and the others nodded. Sparky leaned forward and spoke.

“After a number of guys came and tried to kill me, I piled up the bodies in the corner of my room. I was looking at them one day and noticed something on one of their shoulders. It was a mark of fire with two snakes encircling it. I checked the others and they had the same mark. I looked at books but the mark wasn’t a symbol that is known.” “I think that I noticed something too,” I put in. “Before we left, I saw something dark on his arm.” “I might have seen something too,” said Aine. “Me too,” said Flame and Max. “So,” said Sparky. “We all have been attacked recently and all with the same mark.” “Could this have anything to do with the Square?” I asked. The Square happened a month ago and we took down all of the UK’s zombies in one night and we nearly died ourselves. The Square was the main place where we fought. “It might,” said Flame. Aine gasped and said, “I saw the mark on a door just before I passed out at Manchester.” We all started at that. “Should we go and check it out?” asked Max. “Yeah,” said Flame. “Have we got everything?” We all nodded, stood up and walked to the wall. “See you there,” said Aine, with a grin. And as one, we stepped into the wall and vanished into the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment