Thursday 3 May 2012

Short Story 1

This is the first bit of a story which I haven't decided on a name yet. Ideas?


I slid my nunchucks back into my belt, his bloody face hitting the ground. “And I just cleaned that carpet,” I sighed. “Yeah, well just clean it again,” came a voice from the door. I knew that voice all too well. Sparky Braginski stepped over his body, lowering her crackling hands to the ground. We slid into our natural handshake, Sparky finishing the last punch with a little shock that I was used to by now. “We make a good team bro,” I said, smiling. “Yeah, I know that already,” she said, with a cheeky grin. We both looked down at the body at our feet. “Wonder how he got here,” I said. “He walked.” “Did you see him?” “Yeah, but I waited ‘till saw that he was heading here, in case.” “That’s the third time this week, something’s up.” “Yeah, there is, that’s why I came. We need to go to and see the gang.” The gang meetings rarely happened and if one did, then it meant bad stuff. Really bad stuff.  “This organised by you?” “Yep, at the usual place.” “Ok, ready, go!” I tore into a run. Now I don’t run like a normal person, because I’m not a normal person. I can run at up to 500km per hour but I’m not gonna waste all my energy just to get to the meeting. I can save that for a later time. For now, I’m gonna cruise along at 300km per hour, quite simple and easy for me. It takes five minutes to get there, considering it’s on the other side of the country. Why Flame lives there I don’t know and Sparky doesn’t like it either. But it gives us a chance to have some competition.

I beat her by a millisecond. “Ha! I’m still the best!” She rolls her eyes and we are now standing in front of a graffiti-covered wall. The average person wouldn’t look twice at this, but for us, this is important. We walk to the wall and lean into it, our backs touching it. After a few moments, the wall shimmers and we fall into the wall. We collapse to the floor in a dark, musty room. As we look up we are surrounded by people, with weapons at the ready

3 comments:

  1. *narrows eyes*

    I thought we talked about you fixing this.

    Fix it now Frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so impatient doing it now...

    ReplyDelete