Sunday 17 March 2013

Dream Boy Part 2

Hey!

It's been a week and I've written a lot more of this story and a bit of Mystery Man as well. But for now I present the second chapter of Dream Boy. It's kinda boring but I promise that part 3 gets very interesting......

Enjoy!

We kept walking, hands entwined until we had gone inside and walked up the stairs. We stopped, turned and faced each other. He leant in and gave me a quick, gentle kiss. His smile was heart- warming and cheeky. “Night, beautiful.” “Night, Liam,” I replied. We parted and I headed for Alice’s room, further down the corridor. I opened the door and found the lights were off and Alice looked like she was asleep. I quietly shut the door behind me, took off my swimmers, slipped into my PJs and climbed into bed. I closed my eyes, contemplating what just happened and feeling so happy and satisfied that I had found love at last.
I woke up to sun shining through the windows and I heard birds say good morning to each other. I rolled over, stretched and rubbed my tired eyes. “Morning,” said Alice. “Morning.” My voice sounded course and low, but then again I had only just woken up. “Did you sleep well?” she asked. I nodded. I opened my mouth to yawn and just then my stomach gave a very loud rumble and Alice laughed. “You want something to eat?” “Yeah, that’d be nice.” We dragged ourselves out of bed and came downstairs to the kitchen. Alice’s mum, Sarah and Liam were already there, Sarah cooking breakfast and Liam sitting at the bench. Liam’s hair was a mess, sticking in every direction and it made him look so adorable. They looked up as we came in, Liam giving me a secret smile. I smiled back and looked away, my cheeks turning pink. He made my heart flutter with excitement, even after last night. “Ah, you’re up,” said Sarah. “I was just about to come and get you.” Alice hurried over to the stove to see what was cooking and I followed. “Bacon, eggs, baked beans-” The toaster next to me dinged, making us both jump. “And toast!” I added. Sarah served up breakfast for the four of us; Alice’s father was away on a business trip. We sat down at the table and began to eat.
“Wow. That was good,” I said, pushing away my empty plate. “Yeah, thanks Mum,” added Alice. “What? Do I get no credit?” asked Liam. Alice gave him a withering look and I giggled. Sarah spoke up. “Bella, you’d better call your mum to come and pick you up.” “Oh, yeah,” I said. “Where’s your phone?” “Just around the corner,” said Alice, pointing to a corridor, just off the kitchen. I took my plate over to the sink and then walked in the direction that Alice had indicated. I felt like I had only just came here and now I was leaving only moments later. I wanted to spend more time with Liam, but it would be a bit awkward with Alice and her mum here. That reminded me. I saw the phone as soon as I walked in. Next to the phone was a pad of stickynotes and a pen. Perfect. I wrote my mobile number and drew a little love heart next to it. I would give that to Liam when I left. But being without Liam was beginning to feel like half of me was missing.
“Did you call her?” asked Alice as I walked back into the kitchen. “Yeah,” I nodded, sitting down. “When is she coming?” asked Sarah. “In half an hour,” I replied. “Well, you had better pack up your things. Alice, you’ll help her won’t you?” Sarah’s tone was playful. “Yes, mum,” Alice groaned. I light-heartedly punched her on the arm. “Come on, let’s go,” I said, heading for the stairs.
Before I knew it I had changed, packed my bag and I was walking out the door, followed by my mum, Sarah, Alice and Liam. I walked to our car, dumped my bag in the boot and walked back. My mum and Sarah were still talking, taking forever to walk to the end of their driveway. I hugged Alice, said thank you and then turned to Liam. “Um, goodbye,” I said, extending my hand. Liam took it and then paused, his face furrowed in confusion. For in my hand, I had concealed the sticky-note with my number on it, folded between my fingers. “Yeah, bye,” he said. I felt him take the note and he had the sense to keep it hidden in his hand. I smiled and walked to my mum, said goodbye and thanks to Sarah and then half dragged my mum away. I opened the door climbed in the car. I turned and waved out the window and I saw Liam sneakily read the note. I saw his face light up and he lifted his head and his eyes met mine, just as my mum put the car into gear and drove away. I smiled to myself, knowing that I would not have to wait long to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment