Sunday 10 March 2013

More Writing!

I hate making names for these posts.

Anyway, I have decided to name my previous story, Dream Boy. I'm writing more of it now so I should be posting more of it sometime soon.

But I am going to show you another story inspired by Romeo and Juliet again, and it is called, My Mystery Man.

Enjoy!

I was sitting by my fish tank, just daydreaming as usual, not really looking at anything. As I glanced around my room I did a double take. A fact was peering at my fish tank from the other side. I stood up slowly and walked over. As I came closer, the face turned away from the fish and looked at me. Wow. I was instantly captured and enwrapped. A few little stands had escaped his well-groomed, golden, caramel, brown hair and were hanging by the edge of his eyes. And his eyes, oh, his eyes. His eyes were a beautiful, sapphire blue in a perfect heart-shaped face. His lips were a soft shade of red which curved into a cheeky smile before me. I blushed and looked away but I couldn’t keep my gaze away for long. He smiled again, lent against the glass and made a fish face. I laughed and backed away and I heard a faint chuckle from behind the glass. Just then I heard, “Bella? Are you ready?” from downstairs. The smile vanished from my face and I looked at the clock. It was 5:30! I had completely forgotten about the party! “Um, give me a minute!” I called back. I ran to my desk and hurriedly searched for a blank piece of paper. I grabbed a pen and scribbled down the address of the party and ran to the tank. Mercifully, he was still there, gazing through the glass. I pressed the note against the tank and I saw his eyes move quickly as he read it. “Be there at 6 tonight!” I called through the glass. He nodded. “I’ll be there,” flashing me another one of his dazzling smiles. I smiled back and then jumped as Mum came into my room. “I’m ready,” I said, moving away from the tank. “Good, let’s get moving,” said Mum. She ran out the door and I grabbed my bag. I stopped at the door and looked back at the tank. To one side of it, I saw half of his beautiful face, peering out and still smiling. I grinned back and reluctantly, tore my gaze away and ran out the door.
The car trip to the party seemed to take a lifetime. I was almost bouncing in my seat with excitement and nervousness. Who is he? What was he doing in my house? How did he find my room? These questions didn’t worry me, they just made me curious as to who this mystery man is. My mum had been watching me throughout the journey to the party. As stopped at a red light, she spoke. “What is up with you? What are you jumping like a jelly bean?” I was quickly brought back to reality. “Um, I’m just excited for the party.” Mum didn’t reply but I’m pretty sure that she didn’t believe me.
We finally arrived at the party, which form the noise of chatter and laughter, it was well under way. I nearly leaped out of the car and Mum joined me as we walked up their driveway. We stepped through the front door and were instantly welcomed by the party’s host, Christine. Mum had known her for years and she had known me since birth. I quickly said hello and then scanned the room for my mystery man. I walked around the kitchen, the balcony, the garden but he was nowhere to be found. I had decided that he just wasn’t here yet and so I took some nibbles and a drink and went outside onto the back balcony. It was thankfully deserted; leaving me with the night sky and my thoughts. I’m not going to lie. I was a bit disappointed that he wasn’t there straight away but then again, he wasn’t formerly invited. But I wouldn’t be upset for long.
“Hey!” a voice half-whispered, half-spoken from below me. I looked down and hiding behind a tree was my mystery man. A smile immediately broke out on my face and my heart started to flutter. “You made it!” “Yeah, I’m sorry I’m a bit late,” he replied. “That’s fine, but why are you hiding?” I said. “My mum is here and I’m supposed to be at home,” he whispered. “Darling?” I heard my Mum’s voice from inside. Ugh. Mum had the worst timing. “Yeah?” I called back. “Dinner’s being served!” “Ah, coming!” I looked down and he was still there, smiling his beautiful smile. “Wait,” I called down to him. I grabbed my bag and rummaged through it. I pulled out my phone and dropped it off the side of the balcony. He caught it and looked up at me quizzically. “Put your number in. Quick!” I saw him hurriedly press buttons and after a few moments, he stopped typing and threw the phone back to me. Luckily I caught it. “I’ve got to go now, I’m sorry,” I said. He chuckled. “Don’t be, I’d better go as well. Maybe next time we can actually meet.” I smiled. “Until next time.” I glanced at my phone. “Alex,” I added. He grinned at the sound of his name, and with a final look he stepped out from behind the tree and ran away into the night; leaving me on the balcony looking out as he vanished into the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment