Monday 4 March 2013

Sorry.

Sorry.
I do realise that I haven't posted anything in about 9 months. I guess I just lost interest.

I've kinda given up with my previous Short Story.

Recently, in class I have been writing other stuff. And that is what I'm going to give you today.

I present to you, a Romeo and Juliet Inspired story.

Enjoy!

I thought it was just an average day in my average life. If only I’d known that morning of what was yet to happen. I had recently met a new girl at my school. Alice and I immediately bonded over LOTR and the Hobbit. On Friday, I was invited to her place to stay the night. And that was where the magic happened.
We dumped our bags on the floor and crashed onto her queen-sized bed. “Oh my God. It is so hot,” Alice panted. “Yeah, I think Sydney might’ve reached its limit, and that’s hard to do,” I replied, equally exhausted. “Thank the Lord I’ve got a pool,” Alice sighed. I shot up. “You have a pool?!” “Yeah! Of course!” “Well, what are we waiting for?!” Alice stood up and grabbed some swimmers and we got changed. We ran down the stairs and outside. I looked up and froze. There was a boy, standing by the pool. He had heard us coming and he turned around. I was instantly struck by his beauty. His golden hair almost glowed in the afternoon sun. His soft, brown eyes held warmth and comfort and his lips were the perfect shade of pink. As we came closer, his lips curved into an adorable half-smile. “Hey sis,” he said. Oh my God. His voice was like liquid gold; the voice of an angel. “Bella, this is my brother, Liam. Liam, this is Bella from school. She’s staying the night.” “It’s nice to meet you,” he said, still smiling. “Likewise,” I blurted out. “Would you two like something to drink? I was just about to get myself one,” he said. “A Coke, please,” said Alice. “I’ll have a Sprite, thanks,” I said. “Ok,” he said, walking to the house. The instant he was inside, I exploded. “Why didn’t you tell me you had a brother?!” I half-screamed. “I’m sorry! I forgot!” I gave her an angry, cheeky grin and without warning, I pushed her into the pool. I laughed and jumped in after her. As we both surfaced we began splashing each other, only stopping when Liam returned with our drinks. We swan to the edge and hoisted ourselves out. We continued to swim and play games with Liam until late afternoon. We got out and made dinner; not bothering to change we were getting back in straight after. After dinner, I asked Alice, “You’re coming back in right?” She hesitated. “Now that I think about it, I don’t think that I will. It’s gone a bit cold,” she said. I was a bit disappointed. “Oh, okay. Well, can I go in anyway?” “Sure,” she said.
I left the kitchen and headed down to the pool. I opened the gate and walked down the pool steps; feeling the water rise up around me almost sucking me in. I walked till I could not stand and I sank beneath the water. I loved the felling of cool water around me, it felt like bliss. I opened my eyes and saw the beautiful blueness of the water but I also was a flicker of movement from the corner of my eye. I kicked off the ground and rose to the surface. I gasped as my head broke the surface and as my eyes focused I saw Liam sitting on the steps of the pool. “Hey,” he said. “Hey what are you doing here?” I said, swimming towards him. “I felt that you could use some company,” he said smiling. I blushed and sat one step below him. “How old are you?” I asked, to fill the silence. “17, and you’re 15 right?” I nodded. “Your hair looks really pretty in the moonlight,” he said. I looked up at him in surprise and it was his turn to look away and his face gave the impression that he was angry with himself. I giggled and said, “So does yours,” I replied. His eyes found mine and stayed there. Very slowly, he began to shift to the step that I was sitting on. His hand went to my cheek and pushed a few strands of hair away from my face. He began to lean towards me and my heart rate was ecstatically high. My eyes closed as our lips touched. Oh my god. I had never felt anything like it before in my life and I loved it. But it was a shock to my body. My blood boiled under my skin and I breathed in really sharply. Liam instantly pulled away. “Sorry,” he said, blushing furiously. “No,” I said, as if in a trance. “That was amazing.” I took is face in my hands and kissed him passionately. I felt him relax under my touch and he returned with one equally as story. My hands slide to his neck and curled into his hair and back, feeling his hard, smooth muscles under his shirt. I felt his hands exploring my hair and neck, then found my shoulders and back. We were completely oblivious to the world around us and as we twisted and tried to find more of each other, we slipped off the edge of the step and fell with a splash into the pool. The cold of the water came as a shock to both of us and we broke apart and rose to the surface. I laughed and he joined in, smiling as we drew close again and continued to kiss and embrace each other. My shaking hands slid to his waist and attempted to pull his shirt off. I gave up as he pulled it off himself. He tossed it aside and lifted my chin and pressed his lips to mine. I’m not entirely sure how long we stayed there, in each other’s arms, in the pool, at night, but I didn’t care. Eventually, we broke apart and opened our eyes. His brown ones glistened with love and care as he smiled at me. “I-I think I love you,” he stuttered. I giggled. “That’s fine by me.” As he leaned forward, I pushed back. His grin began to fade and he lowered his hand. I splashed him in the face. I laughed at his expression of surprise and mock horror. He splashed me back and it became a crazy battle, full of water and laughter. As we fought, Liam came closer and snuck up behind me and hugged me; pulling me to his chest. As his arms tightened around me, I relaxed and rested my head against his shoulder, looking up towards his beautiful face. I stroked his cheek and gave him a soft kiss. “Come on, let’s get out. It’s getting cold,” I said, gently pulling away from him. He followed me out of the pool holding my hand, our fingers entwined. He opened the gate for me and I walked out, the gate closing softly behind him. We took our time walking back to the house, as if we had all the time in the world. I can’t imagine what we must’ve looked like to someone else. Two teenagers, holding hands, walking slowly in the moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment